Sparking Speech provides high-quality, evidenced-based Speech and Language Therapy services for both children and teenagers.
We believe in the importance of adopting a collaborative approach with parents, teachers and other health care professionals in order to provide an individualised and effective therapy approach for each child/ teenager we work with. Each client’s individual pattern of strengths and weaknesses is considered in targeting therapy goals and ensuring that learning is a positive and rewarding experience. SNAs, resource teachers and other school staff are more than welcome to attend therapy sessions in the clinic to learn how to implement the therapy goals in school.
Here at Sparking Speech we provide parents with immediate professional advice, direct access to individualised assessment and consistent one-to-one or group therapy services.
We offer a wide range of assessment and therapy services for children/ teenagers with speech, language and communication difficulties. Assessment and therapy can be provided for children with the following difficulties and conditions:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Social Communication Difficulties
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)/ Language Delay or Disorder
- Speech Delay/ Disorder (Pronunciation Difficulties)
- Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia (Motor Planning Difficulties)
- Hearing Impairment
- Selective Mutism
- Learning Difficulties
- Down’s Syndrome
We also provide the following range of services:
- Individual/ group therapy
- Home and preschool/ school visits
- Individualised therapy programmes (home and preschool / school programmes)
- Support in development of IEP (Individual Educational Plan)
- Teacher and parent training