Sparking Speech Online
During online sessions, we can provide assessment and therapy in real-time to support speech, language and communication targets, so that families can access our high-quality therapy in a way that works around their busy lifestyles.
Why Sparking Speech Online?
- Carry over and feedback from sessions is instantly available
- Online therapy is fun and engaging for children with interactive games, toys and videos
- Fully qualified, experienced therapists who are highly-skilled at engaging children so that they get the most out of their sessions
- Flexible service that fits in with your busy schedules, available from the comfort of your own home
What Will You Need for Online Therapy?
For your online assessment and therapy to be successful you will need the following:
- High-speed internet access
- A laptop or desktop with a camera
- A headset with a microphone (if available)
- A quiet space, with minimal distractions nearby
- An adult to support the Speech & Language Therapy session
We will support you with this set-up process prior to your child’s initial session.
Research Evidence for Online Therapy:
- Royal College of Speech Language Therapists (RCSLT) Telehealth Guidelines – https://www.rcslt.org/members/delivering-quality-services/telehealth/telehealth-guidance
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Telepractice Position Statement – https://www.asha.org/Practice-Portal/Professional-Issues/Telepractice/
- Effectiveness of Telepractice for School Age – https://globalteletherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Effectiveness-of-telepractice-for-school-age.pdf
- Effectiveness of Telepractice for Speech Sound Disorders – http://telerehab.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/Telerehab/article/view/6064
- Telepractice: Installing a Speech Therapy Upgrade for the 21st Century – http://telerehab.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/Telerehab/article/view/6112
- Who’s Receiving Clinical Services via Telepractice? – https://leader.pubs.asha.org/doi/10.1044/leader.AAG.19122014.28
- Internet- Based Telehealth Assessment – https://globalteletherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Assessment-via-Telehealth-1.pdf