From stories of a very hungry caterpillar, to the wonderful adventures of a family going on a bear hunt, books are an important part of every child’s development.
By reading with your children you are helping to develop their language skills, and supporting them to become successful readers. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved vocabulary & language skills
- Developing children’s imagination skills
- Improved attention & listening skills
- Teaching children about the world around them
- Supporting children to do well in school
- Sharing quality time with your child
I hope to share with you here some of my favourite children’s books that I read as a child, and some fun activities that you can try with your child around these stories at home. All the books I discuss are available in your local library in Ireland or the UK.
I would love to hear about some of your families favourite books and any books you would like me to feature.