From stories of a very hungry caterpillar, to the wonderful adventures of a family going on a bear hunt, books are an important part of every child’s development.
By reading with your children you are helping to develop their language skills and supporting them to become successful readers. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved vocabulary & language skills
- Developing children’s imagination skills
- Improved attention & listening skills
- Teaching children about the world around them
- Supporting children to do well in school
- Sharing quality time with your child
- Promoting diversity and inclusivity
I hope to share some of my favourite books that I was read as a child and some fun activities that you can try with your child based on these stories at home. All the books I will highlight are available in your local libraries in Ireland or the UK.
I would love to hear about some of your family’s favourite books and any books you would like me to feature in the future.
Check out our book posts here…
Have You Filled A Bucket Today?
Harvey Slumfenburger’s Christmas Present
Hairy Maclary From Donaldson’s Dairy